Welcome to the iSchool Online Programs Blog
Technology is revolutionizing the way we consume and organize information, which means the guardians of that information need to stay current on new approaches and best practices. In keeping with its vision of expanding human capabilities through information, Syracuse University’s School of Information Studies (iSchool) has recently relaunched our online master’s programs in Information Management and Library and Information Science.
The fields of information management and library science are fascinating, especially given the rate of technological innovation. With so many facets to explore, we created this blog, hoping to start a conversation with those of you who are already writing, researching, creating, and innovating in this space.
As we develop content on the blog, you will be able to:
- Explore career paths: We all know that information management, information technology, and library science are hot fields with plenty of career opportunities. But what do these jobs actually look like and who’s hiring? You’ll meet professionals in the trenches and learn from their experiences.
- Discover voices from within the information and library science community: Hear from prominent voices including Syracuse University faculty who are doing cutting-edge research; alums who have used their iSchool education to make an impact; and executive experts, bloggers, and journalists that cover developments in the field. See how they’re using information to transform individuals, organizations, and society at large.
- Stay current on new developments: From the 2016 presidential election to the Rio Olympics to the next viral Internet sensation, learn how national and international events impact information management and library sciences.
- Get to know the iSchool and our online programs: See what makes the iSchool unique, meet some of its intellectually curious and diverse students and faculty, and discover what it’s like to go to graduate school online.
We want all of you in our community to be part of this process, so we’ve created several ways for you to get involved:
- Share: Share relevant posts with your community on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, or your own blog.
- Connect: Become a part of the community by following us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, and tell us what you’d like to see covered on the blog.
- Contribute: We’re looking for writers with expertise and a fresh perspective on topics ranging from data management to the Internet of Things to social media. If you are interested in contributing a guest blog post, please email us.